What is SAP ? SAP Training in Lucknow
SAP is an ERP software package, and SAP stands for Systems, Applications and Products in data processing. SAP Training in Lucknow
SAP is an ERP software application that integrates all the systems into one system and enables the flow of data or information from various departments of an organization.
SAP is the name of the company and name of its product. The latest version of SAP systems is SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 EHP 8.
History & Evaluation of SAP (SAP Training in Lucknow)
- SAP AG company was founded in the year 1972
- After one year, financial accounting was introduced on the basis of the R/1 system, where R stands for real time data processing.
- SAP R/2 system supports different languages and currencies,
- In the year 1992, a new version of SAP R/3 was launched with new technical features R/3 is referred to as three tier architecture.
- At present ERP SAP package holds more than 75% share in the market and the rest of percentage is shared by all other ERP packages.
- SAP software stands as number one in world business process.
Modules of SAP
Technical Module :-
- SAP ABAP :- ABAP is a compiled 4th generation programming language (4GL) [SAP Training in Lucknow]. The term ‘4th generation language’ means that ABAP is human-readable, easy to use and powerful. The ABAP acronym stands for Advanced Business Application Programming. All ABAP programs and compiled code exist in an SAP system. Contrary to programming languages like Java, you cannot execute an ABAP program outside of SAP. SAP created ABAP for the purposes of enhancing and extending the functionality of an SAP system.SAP customers employ ABAP programmers to extend the functionality of their SAP system to meet specific business needs. The acronym WRICEF explains the types of objects developers create in SAP. WRICEF stands for: Workflows, Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements and Forms. ABAP developers leverage their skills and experience with SAP to create custom objects in an SAP system.
- SAP BASIS :- BASIS stands for “Business Application Software Integrated Solutions”, is the glue that holds along the SAP landscape. SAP Basis is employed for the essential maintenance tasks that underpin the SAP scheme. Additionally, to info administration and maintenance, it is utilized for base application tasks like user & print administration, issue troubleshooting and alter management.
Functional Module :-
Each SAP Functional is integrated with each other to share the common information.
- FICO : Financial Accounting and Controlling
- MM : Material Management
- SD : Sales & Distribution
- SCM : Supply Chain Management
- HCM : Human Capital Management
- HR : Human Resource
- PP : Production Planning
- QM : Quality Management
- PM : Plant Maintenance
- WM : Warehouse Management
- LE : Logistics Execution
Versions of SAP
At the highest level, we can differentiate SAP systems as either ECC or S/4HANA. The main difference between the two is the type of database they use.
- ECC stands for ERP Central Component. It is SAP’s legacy system, with roots stretching back to their very first ERP solution in the 1970s. It can operate on any database, including third-party and, more recently, HANA. New versions of ECC are not being released and it is expected that customers will transfer their systems over to S/4HANA.
- S/4HANA is short for SAP Business Suite 4 HANA. As the fourth version of the SAP Business Suite, it is the latest offering from SAP. It runs only on the HANA database, which is an in-memory database developed and tuned by SAP for faster performance and real-time reporting.
Advantages of SAP
- SAP provides solutions for all departments in an organization
- SAP is an integrated product and each module in SAP can be integrated with other modules of SAP. If you process a transaction in one department and it is automatically updated that particular information in another department where it is required.
- SAP software is suitable for all types of company sizes i.e. Large companies, Medium companies and small size companies.